Hello and welcome
I am Dr Andrea Furness and am a qualified Chinese Medicine physician registered to practice Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine with AHPRA (the national authority that regulates health practitioners.)
I have a Bachelor of Health Science, Traditional Chinese Medicine with Honours and have been an Acupuncturist since 1997 and a Chinese herbalist since 2003.
I have spent many years practicing in the central highlands town of Hepburn Springs, some years in clinical practice in Mildura, and now live and practice Chinese medicine in Daylesford and Ballarat.
I have 22 years experience in Chinese medicine across many areas of health, wellbeing and disease management.
I provide an integrated approach to support your whole health management focus.
I am experience in working with digestive, fertility, women’s and men’s health and pain management.
My work focusses on integrative general health care using:
- Chinese herbal medicine
- Dietary guidance
- Cupping therapy
- Mind-body education
I have a special interest in natural fertility, family health and wellness education.
I warmly invite you to use the Orientalis medicine resources posted here to enhance your health and bring discussion and questions into our health consultations.
I see my role as a support for your journey to health and wellbeing, in all stages of life transitions and the changing seasons.
If you need more knowledge about your suitability for Chinese medicine treatment, you are most welcome to contact me.
Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor of Health Science – Traditional Chinese Medicine with Honours (VU): 1997 – 2002
- Certificate of Chinese Massage (Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Australia) : 1992
- Acupuncture studies (Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Australia) : 1993 – 1995
- Acupuncture Internship (Beijing Chinese Medicine Specialist Centre, Dr Xiao Tian-Hui) : 1996
- Chinese Medicine Internship ((Beijing Chinese Medicine Specialist Centre, Professor Xiao – neurology, Professor Zhang – gynaecology & obstetrics) : 2002
Professional Registration & Association Membership
- AHPRA : Registered Acupuncturist & Chinese herbalist (Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency)
- ATMS : Registered Acupuncturist & Chinese herbalist (Australian Traditional Medicine Society)
Treating Emotional Trauma with Chinese Medicine (CT Holman) : 2018
How to work with a Fertility Specialist (Dr Natasha Andreadis) : 2018
Professional, Regulatory & Ethical Practice Issues (Chinese Medicine Board of Australia) : 2018
Auriculotherapy : Ear Acupuncture (Dr Jim Chalmers) : 2016
Dietary Treatment of Acne (ATMS) : 2016
Pain and Inflammation (Jane Gregory & David Legge) : 2016
Spagyric Plant Preparations : A better Way? : 2016
Supporting Patients to Prepare Consciously & Naturally for Conception : 2015
Clinical Application of Macrominerals (Brad McEwen) : 2015
Vipassana Meditation Retreat (Atisha Centre silent meditation course) : 2014
Clinical Management of Cancer (Professor Li Pei Wen – Chinese Medicine Pearls Series) : 2007
Preconception Care for Men and Women : (Tony Reid) : 2007
Chinese Medicine Schools of Thought (Professor Xue Yiming) : 2006
Hyperlipidemia, Coronary disease and Hypertension (Professor Guo Wei Qin) : 2005
Mahamudra Meditation Retreat (Kabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche), 2004.
Quest for Knowledge (Professor Hao Wan Shan, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine) : 2003